The Eco Market Pitch Competition
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Kitchener Public Library
85 Queen Street North,
Join us on February 27th for The Eco Market Pitch Competition, in collaboration with Social Enterprise Southwest and the Waterloo Region Small Business Centre. Watch and support 8 green or social entrepreneurs as they pitch their business!
Most people aren’t aware that there has been a gap in the KW region for start up support to non-tech businesses founded by someone who isn’t a graduate from one of our local universities. As a result, many entrepreneurs, especially in the green and social space, have fallen through the cracks, which we think is a big disservice to our region because there’s so much value they bring.
First Prize – Awarded to Susan from The Good Green Death Project
- $1000 – we’ve been saving money through all of our 2019 event tickets so far to put towards this prize. We also received a donation of $300 from the Small Business Centre and $200 from Reimer Reason Communications to help make this possible!
- 6-hour’s of marketing support from Him & Her
- Photo shoot for a new head shot by Jennifer Lyon, voted best 2018 KW photographer in the Community Edition awards!
- Lunch-in with Kate Pearce from the Waterloo Global Science Initiative and Jen Novakovich from The Eco Market at the Perimeter Institute.
- 1 hour of business financial planning assistance from Grand River Financial Solutions
- 1 hour legal support from Miller Thomson LLP
- 3 month membership at Freedom Cafe’s co-working space
- Coffee from Smile Tiger Coffee
- The Eco Market vendor booth